cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wt510151
Senior Contributor

Re: Wrong side out?

Do you have a all-in-one printer Kay? I think you may be able to scan, then fax through the computer. At least there used to be software you could do that. Then again, the fax machine is easy and doesn't require additional equipment. Whatever comes one year is usually changed within 6 months. Progress looks like it isn't ending, at least for awhile.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Yes, I've had AIO printers for years.  Scanning seems to hang up the buffer or something though, and then I can't print when I need to, like writing checks for payday or bill pay.  Also, I keep a cheap fax machine on the phone line, with a surge protector on that outlet.  We have had spells of taking hits of lightning several times via the phone lines...and I don't want to fry my computer system that way. 

Daughter comes in to fax something in a hundred hurries,  and I keep her happy by having it always ready...and, my system is not tied up with her paperwork.   I am very territorial about my office machines. 

0 Kudos
wt510151
Senior Contributor

If she is doing almost all of the faxes, why not have it at her place of business instead of yours?

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Good suggestion...I may offer to give it to her...but, then, I would have to hop over there on the rare occasion when we do need to fax something out or receive one in.  If it's here, I make sure it has ink and paper...she doesn't need one more thing to manage. 

0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

My wife's technique, is to wash all clothes left the 'right' way, as she normally does.  She got 'blinders' and doesn't see the ones turned half inside out, dropped on the floor whereever.  Those stay where they are, until I straighten them out, or wash them myself.  It only took a couple times of not having anything clean to wear, to 'teach' me the proper technique.  My wife says it worked on me, because I have a mellow personality, and wasn't worried I'd blow up at her.  I suppose there are those husbands who are more hot tempered that might have started a fight over it.

As for my time being more 'valuable' than hers, all I have to do, is let her go check cows, and try to watch the kids, and cook a meal in that hour she is gone to make me realize that all the work she does, helps 'free up' more time, to get the farming done.

0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

You seem to be a very wise man, good for you.

0 Kudos
swwisc
Contributor

When I was in college, I had two messy roommates who wouldn't wash dishes among a few other issues.  I told them I would find a way to get rid of the dishes but I was not going to wash theirs anymore.  One Saturday night when they were out on the town drinking,  I took that individual's dishes to his bedroom, pulled back the covers on the bed and laid them neatly in the bed.  Then I pulled the covers back on the bed so no lumps were showing.  They came home, dressed for bed (leaving the lights off as the street lights were usually bright enough to find one's way around), and got into a bed of surprises!   A lot of swearing came out of each bedroom but there were no dirty dishes left in the sink for days.  As for your laundry issue,  how about if your husband folds the clothes while you make dinner or vice versa????  He can learn to do these things too!

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Mike usually isn't an issue with this, but our daughter, whose work clothes stay here for me to do, so as not to accidentally mix with the baby's wash and otehr biosecurity protectiosn fo him form possible zoonotics, is.   Mike idd  fl;ip[ three pairs fo workshorts wrong side out last week, which is very unusual for him. 

I did what I do with hers - folded them neatly, but without turning them first.  I know it's a minor issue and maybe even a control thing, but it really touches on a major one...that people might be more considerate pf those who try to serve their needs.  I think you saw that factor in many of the replies to my original post. 

Mike is the better cook of the two of us, ans does many of our meals.  I do a few that we consider worth repeating.  The balance of power and responsibility in this household has evolved over 39 years of marriage, so let's not fool with a good thing. 

0 Kudos