cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: You just see it coming....

Me, too.  Haven't had a chancecto question him yet myself.  He supposedly told daighter he had no clue...but no way he hit this and didn't notice.  

I will have to wait and see the cost of repairs...might be a farmowners insurance claim, but our deductible is $1000, so it will take him a while to work that one off!  Last time a semi ran over it, our integrator had to pay for the repair, and it was $700-800... Over a decade ago.  

The hose evidently only required the original splice, and Mike is supposed to know how to do it himself next time.  

Not in my happy place over all of this....

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Maybe you need to do what Mike's old maid aunt Ethel used to do.  She eould back her car out of the shed behind their house, but never use reverse again on her entire trip.  

It used to mortify our kids, because she would park in the " No Parking" zone beside their elementary school, instead of pulling into a space at the grocery store across the street.  I told them way worse things could be done by this family, to embarrass them....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

The bad thing about the backup camera and sensors is that you really miss them when you are in a vehicle not so equipped!  I took our '06 Ford to town instead of my '13 and man did I miss my backup camera and I've only had it for about 6 months.  Go figure!   LOL

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Our first and so far only rear cam vehicle is my Mazda CX-7.  Been driving it eight years, I guess.  It is great for backing out of that space where a big SUV is on one side, a van on the other.  I find myself picking further out spaces in the Jetta.  As for the truck, I can see over about everything else in that honker! 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

You pay for their mistakes as well as your own. Your employees cannot afford to pay damages nor can they afford liability insurance. This is just a little mistake costing a couple thousand. Wait until they do something really costly and you will be stuck with the loss. Ya can't get blood out of a turnip unless you pay the turnip really well.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Our daughter has a very good compensation package.  The hired man earns, with his housing package, earns roughly double what company farms with similar jobs pay here.  I cannot do much better than that, or we arecreally just working for them to have jobs....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Not questioning your compensation package. I had a man the blew up a really expensive engine one day. Not on purpose but a reckless thought less "mistake". Thus many thousands were involved which I got the honor of paying for. No I did not fire him but we had a vigorous "discussion."

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Just stroked the check for the hydrant repair, Don.  Not happy to pay it, but glad we could afford to do so. 

We showed the man the bill, explained that he has to be more mindful.  Everyone makes mistakes, but this was a doozy.  We forgave it this time. 

Explained it is crucial to report anything he finds damaged or damages.  This was our waste system, and spills are violations, which none of us wants.  Other broken things could be serious safety problems for him and our family. 

He was very grateful, and I think he will be more careful in the future. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Hopefully he has learned from his mistake.  I do think that he will be extra careful in the future and realizes that he got a "freebie" so to speak this time. 

0 Kudos