cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

You know it's been a long day...

...when you start falling asleep in your supper plate.
...when you wake up at eight PM, after a two-hour nap.

Had no idea I was getting so pooped, until it hit that hard. Wound up a whole day of driving, moving with an hour pf serious cardio and weights. Thank goodness Mike had warmed up leftovers for us to eat, and was willing to get the supplies inside and put away without my help...because I could barely get myself and the first armful inside.

I never used to feel this exhausted...is this what getting older feels like?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: You know it's been a long day...

About once or twice a year I will hit a weekend and pretty much sleep all weekend long which is just my bodys way of catching up on sleep I guess.  This started in college after my bout with Mono and it never fails to happen at least once a year.  I'm actually suprised I haven't had a weekend like that yet but I haven't really slowed down either.  For me I will hit a "wall" and just be done for and sleep pretty much all day etiher Saturday or Sunday and then be fine.  I know it's bad because I will sleep the entire night as well which is crazy, if I made plans or wanted to get anything done it isn't going to happen either.  I've asked my doctor about it numerous times and the response is always the same, it's just your bodys way of slowing you down and catching up.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The WALL! Either I hit it, or it hit me, today. Winn has been back and forth with his Mommy, so he isn't to blame for this busted feeling.

They just left to get a shower and make a parts run. I am vege-ing out for a few minutes. Drinking water, hoping the crockpot supper cooking now starts to smell good in a little while. Hope it's good. Unstuffed cabbage...easy and low carb.

Mike should be back in about ninety minutes with the new cows. I am planning to get some rugs shampooed this afternoon. Just don't really feel like dragging that heavy machine around the house. If it doesn't get done tiday, the dirt will still be there waiting fir me when I get the energy!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I am sure this is a stupid thought, but could your restrictive diet work into this?  Sometimes I have to sit down and track my eating only to find I am not consuming enough protein, dairy, etc.  Sometimes drinking a glass of milk at bedtime helps me sleep better & satisfies my body.  I am not a fan of anything but a well balanced diet.  There have been times I didn't lose weight & after the WW leader checked my tracker, I found I wasn't eating enough-and that proved to be right.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The post I started the thread with was on a day when I ate on,y three or four grams of carbs until suppertime. I know i had been running around, moving tons of stuff into the house next door, then did a heavy workout. My hands were icy by the end of the " tabatas", which is a sign of very low carb eating compared to the workload.

The second day I posted here, I ate way too many carbs, but it followed my fourth day of seriously wearing myself out in six days, so it didn't surprise me that I was wrecked. Those rugs didn't get done, I promise you!

Yesterday was the fifty hard day in seven, and today will be sort of busy, too. I want to do the rugs when we get back south, but this house needs cleaning to be ready first. I have finally gotten the vast majority of the studio/ guest space done. We are down to sewing and hanging curtains and pictures on the wall, for the most part. Haven't stocked kitchen items, and won't, until the bug man makes his pass on Friday.

Getting this decision made and executed is taking a lot of energy, literally. My body is fighting me right now, not wanting to break down another fat layer that it put away for a rainy day. The dietary detour I took on Friday will take a week to un-do. Nothing off my plan, just too much of what's on it...that cabbage and sausage was good! Then, there was the peanut butter....

We are both running longer, harder days than usual right now. I can't tell you hiw much TV viewing has built up in the DVR, because we fall asleep during " Big Bang" reruns by eight!

This, too, shall pass. In another week or two, our more normal rhythm will return.

This is a busy week, starting with long drive to and from recertification class for waste management tomorrow, volunteer work and meeting tomorrow evening at the bird park, then the gorls and Winn coming here Wednesday. Bug man in Vaand chiro in NC on Friday. After that, my calendar is literally blank for the rest of the month!!!

0 Kudos