cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

amazing

apparently the feeder had his head up his butt and took off a cows jaw this morning with a bucket on the skid steer   because I didn't mow the yard yesterday.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: amazing

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this one.  Explain?  Doesn't sound good whatever.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Sorry, you guys don't really know my husband

Anyway this is how he handled the totally stupid event with the employee.

Came in the house blowing up at me about anything and everything.

Guess that was and is better than him taking it out on the employee.

Anyway he found a place to butcher the cow.  Took over there.  Guess we might have some fairly edible meat for a change.

Then to top today off we had an employee announce at the end of mid day  milking that he wouldn't be coming back, could we cut him a check please.  So we've been rearranging the schedule this evening.  Fortunately the remaining employees are really great and no one is complaining about the extra shifts for at least through the end of the month till we find someone and get them trained a little.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I am so sorry about the cow...and glad you can at least salvage her for meat for the freezer.  I understood exactly where you were coming from. 

Not everything that goes wrong on that place is your fault, you know....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If I was your husband I would take some "damages" out of that guy's check for his recklessness. Sometimes that is the only way to make people realize that their actions have consequences. As for dealing with DH, walk out if he is blaming you for something someone else did. If he wants to yell to himself, make certain he is standing in front of a mirror. Some guys thinks it is easier to yell at family than employees so they are seen as good employers. Pretty darn cowardly, if I may say so, of him to do that to you. If you need to vent, feel free to do it here, but remember that there are other resources too. Just because it isn't physical, doesn't mean it is painless.