cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

at a loss

I had a jam packed week planned that simply went to pieces.  Had a warning light on the van to be checked out yesterday but it went off for 2 days so they can't fix what isn't showing.  Did my morning bustrip with the kids to school & picked up after early out day, that did happen.  Today I was to go to WW but mom has been really sick with the flu.  Thought I would have to take her to the ER last night but held off.  Sounds selfish, but she nor I wanted me to get it & bring home to Brian as our trip to Chicago for tests is next week.  She magnifies & gets panicky since she lives alone so it's a real problem.

Today she was still sick and I hope this doesn't set off some of her medical issues from the past.  BUT I was able to find at the last minute a gal to help her.  She went up there & changed bedding, etc. and will be available if we need her.  I definitely think we need her occasionally.  Haven't posted lately on this, but I've been running like a wild hare to doctors, more funerals, hair appointments, etc.  Which is another thing cancelled tomorrow for her-another funeral for a cousin.

This is the 2nd in a month.  No hair dresser either.  So I took a nap this afternoon and now must get SOMETHING

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: at a loss

Done!  (having trouble with this computer AGAIN!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hope it all works out for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Glad you found a helper to hopefully indulate your son from your mom's illness. You know, it may be good to keep her coming every so often on so e sort of routine....which you seem to suggest.

Sometimes, we start something for one reason, but continue it for another. You need help, being the support system for so many.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Please don't forget yourself as so many need you at 100% and not less. Seeking the help should reduce your stressload.

0 Kudos