cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

camp

Today I am off to FFA Alumni Camp, my first camp of the summer!!!  Cale's 4th.  They have already left and gone up on the bus.  I'll be driving myself up in a little while.  I'll be the sponsor for the girls cabin....I'm kinda worried!!  So, I'll let you know how it went next week!  Hope you all have a nice, cool and where needed RAINY day!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: camp

You are one very brave woman.    So do you have cabins  with mattresses and electricity?    I can not imagine trying to camp in Oklahoma right now.   How could you sleep?    I'm getting soft in my old age.    Have fun..... hopefully   they'll help keep you young.   Let us know what you learn.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I didn't know FFA even had an alumni camp. Maybe it is an OK thing? Sounds like fun. Hope that you have AC sleeping accomodations.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

This just makes me think that younger going to gain some excellent insights into the girls your son will be dating...have fun, Mom!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I survived!!  25 little darlings and I shared an air conditioned cabin...with three, yes three electrical outlets!  Night number one was miserable....day #2 found me off to WM to buy a fan and an extension cord that reached from one end to the other, that along with adding another mattress to my bed made life much better.  OK FFA Alumni Camp is a great thing, Cale had a wonderful time is once again charged up to run for state office in 3 years.  He made lots of new friends.  Back to the little darlings...remember I have only boys and have not lived with girls.  The only ones that bothered (well irritated me to death) were the "princesses" and the girl who felt bathing must be a waste of water.  A few of them I'd kept for myself, they were great girls!  The princesses & no bath girl were happily sent home!  I think being a cabin 'mom" is like having a baby....after a year or so one forgets the pain...I might go again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Mary, I KNEW this would be revealing for you.  We saw it with girls in son's activities. especially FFA.   

There are a lot of wonderful girls in that part of the spectrum, between "putrid"  and "princess"...I am sure you were taking notes for future reference. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yep!  You're right!

0 Kudos