cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

closet organizing

Thought I'd pass along this tip from the morning show for easily sorting clothes you don't wear.  Turn all your hangers to the back and as you wear an item, return it with the hangar the other way.  At the end of the season you can see what you haven't worn & deal accordingly with it.  Eazy peazy.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: closet organizing

Saw that... Doubt I turn ten hangers a year here...one warm coat in season, a few Ruby Rd. tops. It would be a totally empty space.

My biggest deal is shoes!!! I love my sneakers. Tend to group stuff like boots and clogs on one shoe shelf, sneakers in two different hanging shoebags, and my sandals and water shoes in a couple of cubby shelves. I have too many shoes, but I wear way more variety of them than clothes.
0 Kudos
dairy mom
Senior Contributor

A variety of shoes is good. Wearing the same shoes Al the time is bad for your feet.
I don't have a lot of shoes because I do have feet problems and it is hard to find shoes to fit. Injured a foot in 1971 and that one has been swollen since then. Doctors thought I destroyed a lymph catching office building doors with it when I worked for a cleaning service. My poor hammer toes are all weird and shoes are hard to find.
So I buy purses instead
0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Kay, your climate I'm sure makes your closet look different than us northern gals.  I have Lots of coats & jackets.  Spring, fall, winter.  Casual jackets, dressy for church, etc.  Shoes-I have feet problems also so I invest in good ones & wear forever.  I do feel like an old lady when I shop or  am on my feet all day as I usually throw another pair in the car just in case.  It is good to change often.  I'm not going to comment on how many sizes of black pants I have.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Oh, have several kinds of coats, jackets, etc., but tend to gravitate to one or two as favorites. Right now, I am hung up on zippered running hoodies from Target, Champion C-9 brand. Love them...but, will be dragging out the midcalf, insulated LLBean coat for Thursday.

I buy good shoes, too...have always " walked hard", even when I weighed next to nothing, and cheap ines just cannot take the beating. Like you, I rotate them, and try not to wear the same pair two days in a row. Mike says I could go months without wearing the same pair twice...not quite, but a few weeks, yes!

Had to LOL at the black pants comment. from XXL down to my present M, but I am pushing the limits there right this minute!

0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Are trench coats completely out of style? I was going to throw away one in my closet but after looking at it again I find it is very good quality and fits.;

0 Kudos
SLC
Senior Contributor

I say keep the trench coat!   A good one is never completely out of style.   I have to laugh at what goes around and comes back.  My DD came home from school after her first semester and wanted a nice pea coat.   I dug around in the attic and came up with my old one..  and she took it and wears it.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Good quality is timeless. Hard to find, much less afford, a good coat these days!
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Your shoe story reminded me that a former student, who got all the way from our little Virginia school sysyem to Harvard, was really put out when she had to give up all of her stylish shoes, when dealing with her first winter away at college....
0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

That is the one coat I am short, Turkey.  I really need one for spring/fall dress occasions.  AND I need a new pair of snow boots NOW!!!!!  Hope they are wrong about the possible 6" coming tonight.

0 Kudos