cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

computer home

Another virus I guess.  Anyway I am not happy about this.  $60 to clean it up.  I have a contract with my internet company & next time I'm giving them a call.  At least it's up & running so I can get my tax work double checked.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: computer home

Linda, I would suggest you install "Microsoft Security Essentials" if you're having virus problems. It's a free program from Microsoft that is designed for your version of Windows and it updates automatically. I haven't had one issue with a virus or any malware since I started using it and it doesn't slow down the computer like most anti-virus programs do.

Just my 2 bits worth anyway..  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Thanks for that excellent suggestion.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Sorry it cost you, but glad it was no more than that.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I'm still not sure it's 100%.  But I'm working on separating asset income from expense.  Don't know why but this Quicken program gives the totals with the income deductions off.  My old program I had it separately.

Funny how you don't think about how things are set up in the program until you get to the end of the year & look close.

I am so tired right now and I have to take mom to her cousin's visitation which is a good 50-60 min. drive.  And then back tomorrow morning for the funeral.  I am grumpy about it plus my day will be broke up Thursday with her hair appointment.  There is not enough time to drive the 8 m. home and get much accomplished before I have to head back so an afternoon shot again.  If I had all this tax stuff really nailed down it would not be such an issue.

DH says I get too nit picky on the details but I hate being asked a question from the accountant & not be sure of the answer.  Let alone in (X) years if we get audited. Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

When I read a post like that, it reminds me of that hilarious line from " Cheers"...,, "It's a dog eat dog world, and some days, I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."
Reading about all the running you must do just wears me out! I spent five hours on the road today, for CPA and two errands, and now 1.5 hours riding back south, and I am exhausted. I do not see how you do it....
0 Kudos
Advisor

Our stuff has been delivered.   Got another 1099 in today's mail so I scanned  and e-mailed it.   Our taxes will be SO  BAD  I don't anything could really help.  Hope I have most of my kitchen stuff paid for before  March 1st.  The ole checking account going to look pretty sick then.. 

Honored Advisor

Buying cows at record high prices, plus the bull and handlng equipment and incidentals, should knock a big hole in our bill. If not, I will be sick!

We have already spent enough on equipment this year to offset a lot of income...hope the Sec, 179 holds up again.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

There is a free program named Avast that is good. They have paid versions but no need to get it.  I use it and like it.

Also AWG is supposed to be good.

I also sometimes us a program named Malwarebytes.

Do a google search on "anit-virus software review" and look at half a dozen sites and see which programs are consistently among the best.  I'd not pay for one until I was sure the free ones wouldn't do the job.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos