cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

difficult days

.Whining again, well not really.  But it's just life I guess.   Really feeling the stress of my family.  Mom does not want to pay for the help so she has cut her down to a 3 hr. max.  DS#1 is gone again so I need to take grands to school.  Not really a big deal to be there at 6:30 a.m. but it must bother me as I never sleep well-afraid I will turn off alarm & be late I guess.

This drizzly weather pattern (cold & windy also) has put my head in a fuzzy headache along with the aches of arthritis.  Cannot get out in the garden to do anything and I hate to look at mom's as I need to do a good day there too.  Dad put in rocks years ago around the roses and there are weeds growing amongst.  Roundup on a still day is in order along with trimmimg those roses.  Poor things.  They were his pride & joy and I've certainly failed to continue their care.  Several dead or almost.  I would love to yank out as I cannot do two gardens and the mow guy only mows.

With her not having help it just puts more on my mind to be done even though she doesn't ask.  Actually doesn't even think of some of the responsibilities like her taxes, court house for homestead excemption, medications, etc.  Not big stuff; just nagging small stuff.

I've let things slide for my own self like haircuts, chiro appt., eye dr., etc. like many of you.  At least Dairy Mom sounds like she's in the same boat.

More headaches, depression, etc. (likes of etc., LOL) so I'm going to try to get back on the horse again.  Slipped on my diet which probably has something to do with it all and I go for another shot in my knee (doesn't seem to be helping tho) Wed., and I just made an appointment for my hair at a salon which is more $$ but pampers and will work for my schedule and also to the chiro.  With my responsibilities I can't always work with my local 3-day/wk. operator.  Need to walk but w/knee & weather maybe not.   Maybe tomorrow I'll be a new woman-LOLOL.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: difficult days

We all realize that we need to take care of ourselves but we put others first many times. In my opinion, if mom has the money she needs to be paying for help.

0 Kudos
dairy mom
Senior Contributor

Yes I have been having some health issues.  Seems like it's been some time since I felt good.

Don't know if it was the winter or just the changes around here and me trying to figure out just how to deal with how and where I fit in now.

Stupid stuff.  Like there was an email this morning concerning the school kids coming for a tour of the farm Thursday.

In the past this was always handled by me.  Extension agent made a joke with dil that it was nice to have her personal email finally instead of having to go through the "middle man". (that's me).

Kind of hurt for a little bit but I guess i'm throwing it off.  (Maybe not so much since I'm mentioning it now, hours later)

Just have to get use to being a 3rd wheel around here now.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

The health thing has been hard to handle...I do think winter was hard on us older birds this year. I am still deaf as a doornail in my right ear...at least the sinuses seem better the last couple of days.

Trainer really bore down on my bad knee today...hurt like Hades, but I know it will be better for it. No pain, no gain....

Am with you Linda, on being afraid I will ovetsleep, I guess. Having Winn every day for over a month, except the rare day the kids are both off, and they all go somewhere, has meant no sleing until seven. This morning, I awoke at 3:11, but had fallen asleep at about eight last night, so had slept enough...just made for a very long day!

Just not a spring chicken anymore....
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Linda, I read your pist again this morning, and the part about your father's roses needing care sort of broke my heart a bit. Is there any chance the grandkids could maybe help you weed them this weekend, or at least afterschool one afternoon? With the stone mulch, any roots shoukd be shallow and easy to pull up.

Roundup is so chancy if it drifts at all. As for pruning, even a young kid can see dead wood, and that is about all you need to take out this late, isn't it? I would have never thought about this, but Winn absolutely did prune up all of our low tree limbs this year.

Kids love gardening, and if there was a trip to the ice cream shop or some other fun reward surprise at the end, it could be a family event, a good memory made?