cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

good bye to my dog

had the vet put down my 15 year old dog today.

Got him as a pup when a fellow area dairy farming family divorced and one daughter wouldn't leave her dog on the farm with her dad.

Thought we were just getting a grown golden retriever female but she came with this wonderful black walking fuzz ball.

She didn't last long, got run over by the milk truck.  Vet had predicted that because he said golden retriever's were friends with everybody and every thing.

Max was a wonderful loving farm dog.  Couldn't really trust any of the females around here with the kids, but I think a kid could have pulled Max's tail off and he wouldn't have harmed them.  He really really loved kids.  And pizza, Oh how he loved pizza.

He got hit on the road before he was a year old and it broke his pelvis.  Didn't slow him down though.  But finally his back legs just gave out.  Couldn't make it to the house last Friday evening.  Made it out Saturday to do his business but then never stood again.

So today was the first day the vet was here since then and he put him down and took him to be cremated.

Sure gonna miss him.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: good bye to my dog

I'm so sorry for your loss.    A good dog has a way of getting into your heart.   

0 Kudos
Advisor

Sorry your buddy is gone. Fifteen years is a long time. They become family.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

So sorry for the loss of your buddy, Max.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

So sorry for the loss to your animal family and close friend. Sincerely hope someone will fill your broken heart soon.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Sure leaves a hole in your heart.  Dogs are such buddies.  This new pup already is part of the family.  Sorry for your loss.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Awww man!  I'm sorry to hear this and it really sucks when it's a good one. 

0 Kudos