cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

gutwrenching

Gutwrenching is the only way to describe it.  Monday was a HORRIBLE day.  We talked to the feed rep who arranged sale 5 times.  Tried to get out of the deal.  Sooooo upset.  Money was wired already; trucks arranged.

We were ready to sell then digging our heels in to kill the deal, then back & forth.  Made it especially bad as we had talked to DS about scheduling responsibilities.  And grandkids were hoping to do some more chores. but --. Finally, we caved in.  Made up our minds to do it.  Bottom line was DH would still be the main hub for everything.  DS has a full time job & 3 little kids & wife who is on call a week every 3 weeks.  We still would be so tied to it all.  Then yesterday we were really at peace with our decision. (not quite so much today ) Got a good price; could do better on some of the cows but much worse on some others so it evens out.  We will be burning the midnight oil to get all the paper work for breeding dates, sires, calving dates, etc. to be ready for the trucks tomorrow.  It will be a really hard day and I know I'll really cry-in tears right now.  We still have 4 head they didn't want & will have to milk until sale day or if dairy friends want.  Really good cows but aged.

Think of me tomorrow at 8 a.m. when we load.  My girls will be going then.  Trying to make plans with some friends for the weekend.  Next week I need to paper & paint the kitchen and start cleaning the FILTHY house.

Honestly, I don't know when it had a decent cleaning and spiders have inhabited almost every corner.  So that will keep me busy.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: gutwrenching

Linda,  I've been soo worried about our breakdowns  I just realized that  Yesterday was to be the day and I'd forgotten.   I'm remembering our beef cows and old sows leaving and tears are flowing right now too.    I understand.    Enjoy your weekend. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Praying for you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Praying for you.  Our auction back in 1986 was gutwrenching for me.  It will pass and you will be amazed at your new freedom.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Oh, buddy, BREATHE!!! Wish I could be there, to hug you and cry with you. If it means anything, I will be there with you in spirit.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sending hugs and prayers my friend....it's never easy but we are here for you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Sending good thoughts your way, hope all goes well and in a year you will look back and feel you did the right thing, SMILE and live life.

S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thinking of you and yours.  Remember, you now have time to reflect and look forward.  Relax for awhile and decide what your future holds.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry to be so late with prayers. Hope you were able to make peace with the cows and your final decision. Please enjoy the weekend that you really deserved after all these years. Think next week as the start of a new life.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Good advice here. I do hope you relax and think about what you really would like to do now.

0 Kudos