cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

hoping for snow

All the kids are coming for the holidays this year.  Our 5 year old grandson that lives in Florida didn't get to come last year because his dad wad been ill all fall.  He really wants some snow.  Forecast doesn't look good.  Right now it is looking like the ground is gonna be brown for Christmas

Now I don't want to get buried this week because I do have some that are traveling on the roads on the 23rd. 

The Florida people will be staying until the end of the year so here's hoping the week after Christmas can turn white and my little red head can have some fun in the snow.

Had to laugh.  Daughter that lives in the Upper Peninsula said she'd make a little snowman, put it in a cooler and bring it down for Evan.  They've actually had a couple of snows already.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: hoping for snow

She sounds like a SUPER aunt! I have heard of making a cooler of snowballs, and have actually stashed a few in the deep freezer when I was a kid. We don't get snow every winter here, and missed it some years in VA, too, soiknow how your redhead feels. Glad you get to have the whole crew together. Enjoy the season!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Spoiler

There is a storm brewin out west in Colorado, gonna hit Kansas, Oklahoma and western Texas I believe.  Sounds like slick roads for us in the coming days.  I hate the in between stuff.  One year I rolled an explorer on 4 inches of slush.  Our temps are supposed to be in the 40's today, but this week teetering at freezing. Did some shopping yesterday...did well with the anxiety thing...guess with knowing exactly what I wanted it helped.  I was also able to stay in one end of the big mall land didn't venture down through the crowd..knew that would be the wrong thing for me to do!  Need to hit Wally world and Theisen's (the farm store) today.  Bet the merchants are making out like bandits this year with the weather being so nice.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Ruby, you are very brave to venture out in the crowds yesterday!  When we went Fri. Kohls & Target parking lot was packed!  Didn't venture there w/DH-knew he would have a melt down with all those people.  Hates crowds.  If anything happens to me I know the family will get $$ and nothing else.  Couldn't get over some of the discounts.  70% off holiday decorating stuff plus I had another 20% coupon.  Maybe if I wait until after Christmas they'll give it to me free!  LOL

I'm surprised some of you haven't mentioned getting snow yesterday.  We didn't but an hour N. of us got 3".  Probably melted but - - .

0 Kudos