cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

lucky country folks

The other night I had to feed a calf kinda late and as it was a clear, crisp night I was enjoying the sunset/moon rising.  DGS, 8 yrs old, likes to note quarter moons, etc., which it was.  And it was a beauty.  A gold crescent hung up in the sky just for the viewing against a pretty horizon & darkening sky.  So I called him on my cell  to look out & enjoy which he "wow"d at.  We visited awhile about it & the stars coming out.  I told him we were really lucky because the folks in the cities & towns can't enjoy the stars & view like this.  Some don't know it exists.  I felt pretty lucky to enjoy with my grandson too.  I'm a cheap date. Smiley Wink 

4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: lucky country folks

LOVE it!  Thanks for sharing with us, too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

We may not have the mountains or the oceans, but we do have the skies. That's one good thing about living in the country. Thanks for the nice story.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

People work all year long, to get to a vacation spot often very much like where we live and work every day. I had a magical moment with Winn this morning. The air is crisp enough to enjoy the outdoors now, so I put him in the backpack to go outside. I grabbed a bill to pay, and my hiking staff. We went the quarter milevto the mailbox, posted the letter, and raised the red flag. On the way back to the house, I stopped to look back towards the road, and he got intrigued with our shard shadow. I started wriggling my fingers in the sunlight, and he started copying me with his tiny hands. We laughed and played with this new discovery for a minute or two, then started back on our trail. I am always taken, as if by surprise, when this baby does something new. If we didn't live this country life, I wouldn't have the time and opportunity to share so much of my days with him.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I shared this in the Women in Ag e-newsletter that went out last night. I love it that you called your grandson and watched the moon together over the phone. That's so sweet!

0 Kudos