cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

medical update

I have posted on Facebook, but for those who aren't fans - -

Brian's checkup with MRI & spectroscopy was very long.  We were shown into a conference room instead of exam room.  (warning bells)  The doctor said his scan showed a small difference but he was not too worried.  (I'll do enough for all of us)  He wants to continue to monitor every 3 months and will go before the brain tumor board next week.

This is the story the Peoria oncologist gave us and then called us that the board decided surgery was needed right away.  So I'll be very glad when next week keeps my phone quiet.

I know I need to stay positive.  It wasn't such a big deal that immediate action was needed but honestly, how do you that have gone this trip not have some qualms?  I know, one day at a time & prayers. 

Oh, the train was 6.5 hrs late going up (came from CA.-won't book that one again) but going home was on time.  We were in the wrong waiting room for gate but made it.  Novices. 

Beautiful day & I'm off to trim those raspberry bushes I should have done last fall. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
wt51015
Senior Contributor

Re: medical update

Praying for you and your family going through this. Hope that the doctor went through some detail explaining to Brian the tests. Knowing as much as you can usually helps calms me.

0 Kudos
lawinkle
Advisor

You remain in my prayers, Linda. This is scary, uncertain, all-consuming, awful "stuff". I could sympathize but until it impacted my life I truly had no idea what patients and their families live with.

Please keep us posted. LA

0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

as you know too well, what lawinkle says is true. Until you go thru these things , you have no idea. I wish you the best.  From here on, i will try to be as supportive as possible for anyone (and their family) that is dealing with medical issues.

Waiting for the scans is the worst.  My wife would be , literally, pacing the floor. Our prayers and knowing that others were praying for her was helpful.

0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

I have several people on my prayer list that have cancer and your family is included. Just think about one day at a time is my best advice. I believe it is hardest on the family.

0 Kudos
lawinkle
Advisor

I can't stress enough how humbled and grateful we have been for the prayers and support of family, friends and complete strangers.

Linda's journey with her son just hurts my heart. The worry and the waiting is so hard. Its like "living" is put on hold while you wait....and wait.

Remember to try to take a moment for yourself, Linda. This stuff can easily consume you. Prayers.
idalivered
Advisor

Thanks for the concern and especially the prayers. We continue to pray together everyday. We did occasionally before, but not every day.  She just got done with 5 months of chemo. Nothing new showed up on the scans, which is encouraging. she was fighting a type of sarcoma that the omcologists said was very rare.  the last chemo drug they gave her really kicked her butt and she said she would not do it again. the anxieties that go with "the diagnosis" and treatment are very real for her. Lots i could talk about, but not the place for it. Have a good Sunday.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Linda, I am sorry I am so slow in responding here....flu bug then houseguests for two days, just got home late today. I think maybe they set you guys up in a conference room because your son had such an entourage of caring parents along...it is appropriate to have everyone get seated and have a chance to hear the results and then ask questions.

I will hold out good hopes for your family.
0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the prayers & good thoughts.  I need an attitude adjustment.  More positive.  More trusting.  More optimistic.  I'm working on it.  It's just a disease that haunts you. 

Read my post on mom.  All things happen for a reason and maybe her sickness is God's  way  to get my mind off Brian.  What mind I have left!  LOLOL

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Linda, I am sorry for your worries. Just heard from an old HS friend tonight, about tests she's having ASAP, and I cannot imagine when it's your child. Maybe it's good you are so busy...
0 Kudos