cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Final decision on place and date?

Others: wt51051 and suey1973? We could use more thoughts on this.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm in-either Des Moines or Davenport, Moline area.   Truthfully, I'm not comfortable with driving to DM by myself as I tend to get sleepy while driving.  I'd rather do DM when the weather is nicer so we could maybe take advantage of more options.  BUT if we can get more to go there I'll figure out something. 

I mention Moline, IL which is just across the river.  The John Deere pavillion there  is interesting as it has some equipment & lots of computer screens which show how life was for family members in various years and other screens show different farming practices for ex. cotton, dairying, etc.  You can spend as much time as you want at your leisure.

I think we also need to think of our time & how to use it.  If we have a lot of activities to see, will we be able to visit & "get to know each other"?  A lot of activities packed in might be better for a 2 day.  We need to hear from everyone ASAP!

0 Kudos
Advisor

I am in.  Either Des Moines or Davenport or Moline.  We will drive out on Friday and back on Sunday.  I look forward to seeing all of you!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Check my post below titled "final decision"

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Des Moines would work better for me. Had a hard time keeping awake driving to and back from NE IA last fall. If March 26 won't work for most of you, later in the year may be better. I can't guarantee any day because I'm always on call for the route, but I would do my best to make DSM.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: midwest get together

I have been reading this post wanting to be able to go, but I will not. I hope the ones that do go will post pictures on here are for us that are friends on FB post there also. I really hope to meed some of you, but right now I just can't get away.

0 Kudos