cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

observant farmers

Had a haircut scheduled for Tues. but when I got there beautician was running late & was surprised I wanted my hair cut as it looked really good.  (isn't that the way?  Hasn't looked that good since then)  So I passed I as I had a lot to do before I went home to vote with DH, who knew I was getting a hair cut.

However, remember that was Tues., has he questioned me about why I didn't cut it or comment that it looked the same as when I left?  Nooo.  Sits across from me at every meal, milks together, etc.  Not a word.  This is the man who notices that a cow has a problem by the way she walks into the barn, or is in heat because she acts different, and this morning said the mouse I caught in the trap wasn't the same one he saw in the living room the other night. 

Gotta love 'em, these farm guys or the divorce court would be awfully crowded.  LOL

0 Kudos
9 Replies
wt510151
Senior Contributor

Re: observant farmers

Perhaps these farm boys are keeping their mouths closed when it comes to their spouses so they don't end up on divorce court.

Spoiler
Smiley LOL
0 Kudos
dave.charlesworth
Frequent Contributor

It's not just "the farm boys" it took my wife two days to notice that I had shaved off my full beard that I had for several years.

0 Kudos
lawinkle
Advisor

That is hysterical!
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Linda, thank you for the real LOL yu gave me withbthe different mouse part. I swear, until you went there, everything sounded familiar. They notice what matters to them, I guess....
0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

In defence of farmers everywhere, we really are in a pickle, when it comes to wives, and how they look.  It is far better to say nothing, than the wrong thing.
For example, if you say, 'I like your new haircut', you risk being asked 'What was so bad about my old haircut, that you didn't like'.

Then, you say, 'But I liked your old haircut!'

Then, she says, 'So, I went to all this trouble, to get a new haircut, to look pretty for you, and you don't think it's any better than before?'

Then you say 'Of course it looks better than before'

Then she says "Oh, so before, I didn't look good?'

and round and round it goes.

A wise man, knows not to ever let a conversation like that, get started.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Good analysis. I just went through a silmilar one with Mike on the phone, with him at home In NC, and me at HOME home,up here in VA with daughter, so I can sit Winn, while they ride trails for a couple of days. If he gets on a jag like this, nothing I do can get him to let it go. It is sort of like that little dog in the Travelers commercial, with his bone and the "Trouble" song playing. When your brain gets into a negative loop, everything that anyone says can - and usually will be - taken wrong. Last week, he decided to hire twomhelpers to build a nonessential shed, but one that will hel him work the new com poster out of the weather. Fine. This week, he has decided that everyone we hire to do any work for us is trying to screw us out of every cent we've got. He had gotten a misperception of one comment someone had made, and now has extrapolated it to everyone we hire formhe. One minute, he's coming here with ke on Monday, the next he's not possible able to come before Tuesday. It is like trying to work with a six- foot toddler.
0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

nebfarmer, good call. sometimes even sincere compliments are a minefield fraught with obstacles. sometimes, tho, it is achallenge just to see if one can successfully pull it off. 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Linda, have shared your post with the friends and family here on our vacation...they all agree that your DH takes the cake. As you say, gotta love 'em.
0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

He said the mouse in the LR was bigger & darker.  He gets so disgusted that I can't identify the cows by sight but he forgets that my view is from the parlor pit and a totally different view!  Some guys have the gift & I don't.

0 Kudos