cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

orders from grumpy DH & ramblings

DH is unusually grumpy because of the hay laying out on the field, wet.  Even bagging it is not possible-too wet and would tear the field up.  When he gets in these moods, which thankfully isn't often, I can only sit back & watch.  Can't get him out if it even if I did back flips across the yard.

The blame lies totally with the friend who didn't get here on time to mow - then left for a good hour or so with his wife to eat.  I believe we have crossed them off our "friend list" which is pretty short. 

Too add to the mix, DH has jumped me to call "so & so" and demand this or that.  When I told him I was unable to call because I was with friend for lunch & they would be closed when I got home-you'd better call yourself.  No call was made.  Same issue this morning.  My job to chew businesses out, etc.  Then yesterday I was weeding the garden & had the pup tied up nearby.  He was too close & laid on a tomato plant loaded with green tomatoes.  DH pitched a fit & wants to get rid of him now.

With our grandson back at home, and Brian still gone, this SHOULD be a time we could just enjoy the two of us.  Not to be though.  Sometimes life is rocky, isn't it?  With Brian going in for tests again next week I need to remember these things aren't nearly as important.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: orders from grumpy DH & ramblings

Linda, it must be an epidemic...Mike has been a total hiney lately, too.  Well, not TOTAL, just too much so.

How is a pup supposed to know better?  Please don't get rid of him. 

I had to fire a dealership last week, because they made us the goat on a part they ordered wrong, wanted us to eat 35% and shipping back to the manifacturer.  It was THEIR mistake.  Mike was all PO'd, but who got sent three hours drive to pick up the part ( since they weren't going to give full credit for it) and pay the account off and close it?  You got it!

I was extremely down yesterday, not much better today.  Now, the kids are gripping about parts I ordered from the new dealer the next day, not coming fast enough...but, the baler had been sitting for weeks since they finished the last cutting.  I got stuck placing the order, since I was choosing a new dealer.  Took myself out of that loop just now.  Order your own parts....

Funny, but we get to be teh B with everyone that they need us to be, but are supposed to take all the crap at home lying down.  Does that seem right to you? 

You are right...none of this mess really matters!

0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

I have made my share of such calls but I believe they listen much better to a man especially on a big complaint.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Mike would probably disagree. I have a way of getting what he wants...this last dealership problem, I stayed completely out of it, until he decided he was done with them.

I have decided he needs to afvocate for himself more, not make me the attack dog. Like teaching him how to start the washing machine and dryer, or making up the bookkeeping lessons workbook, it seems like something he needs to know how to do, if he outlasts me.
0 Kudos
SLC
Senior Contributor

Its is easier for them to try to push the really unpleasant confrontations off on someone else..  I don't like it when it happens to me.   DH usually handles it himself but occasionally I get caught in the middle and that is not my happy spot.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

For some reason, I don't mind it too much...just have gotten so I try to fight problems with logic, let people who are problems build their own trap. We have limited exposure to the public as much as possible, I guess you could say.

We do cut ties more rasily now, if someone lets us down. There is just too much competition for our business, to put up with someone who doesn't appreciate that.

Maybe getting older means having less patience, or perhaps more confidence that if not everyone likes you, that is okay. Maybe both.

Poor Winn told me yesterday, when he was trying to get out of his nap, that he was " having a bad day!" Made me really think....
0 Kudos