cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

parade float help

Our Vet called and she would like to find a way to have a fake cow on a float....She plans on wearing a sleeve and pretend she is pulling candy out of the rear end of a cow.....and throwing it to the crowd. 

The only thing I can think to do is cut a cow out of plywood , two of them, and paint them to look like a cow ....then putting a few 2x6 short boards between them.   She could then put her tub of candy on these boards .  I thought you could put some cow material over the top between the two cutouts.  

Anybody else got any ideas?   I looked on the internet for cutouts, but I would need one facing one way and one facing the other to make it work...

any ideas or websites would be helpful.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: parade float help

Try Chik-fil-A for a cow logo...their cows have a special copyrighted font in their own style, and their spelling is hilarious.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

You didn't ask for comments about the idea itself and I might be a bit out of line here but I think that is a very tacky idea.  Maybe it is all in fun but I don't see the humor in it.  Maybe I am just being an old poop....no pun itneded.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I kind of thought the same thing

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

How about "milking" the cow and pull the candy out of a milk bucket?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

This is a much  better idea. I am all for ag education but I don't think candy out of a cow is education.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

My first reaction was that it is tacky, too.  You would think a professional person might want to project a less "crappy" image in public. 

0 Kudos