cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

"Only" 103!

Daughter just called to say their new thermometer is reading 108 right now.  NWS says 103, and same on WRAL website, so I guess maybe it isn't really as bad as it seems, after all.  

So, HOW HOT IS IT??? 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: "Only" 103!

Man I don't know how you guys live down there.  Yesterday was a terrible day here.  Mid to upper 80's with about 93% humidty.  Awful.  But as bad as that was, it's just an occasional occurence here.  You guys south of here have to be really tough stuff to get anything done.  Much better hot weather people than I am.  My hat is off to that part of the nation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It read 102 on the thermometer at the firehouse today.  That, coupled with humidity in the mid to upper 70% range made for a miserable day.  I had to spend the afternoon in a small nearby city.  I am sure thankful that I don;t live where it is mostly blacktop and no shade trees or grass to cool things down.  As hot as it was, it felt better back here at the farm. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

We don't have that kind of humidity here, but it has been over a hundred forever.....I'm ready to start whining about cold feet and cold north wind...I'm rather tired of being THIS ___________________HOT! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

We've had a long stretch of heat indexes of 100+ earlier this month. Supposed to be near that hot today until Tues' cold front. Then actual temperatures only going to be in low 90s. As humid as it is, what's the difference?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It has been a miserably hot summer here in Iowa, with days-long stretches of actual temperatures between 90-100+, and super humid, putting head indices well over 110. We have spent a LOT of time at the pool!

I'm happy to report my air conditioner is working much better though, thank goodness!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It's just like most of you from Illinois,  Iowa and Indiana  HOT and HUMID.   Right now my In-laws are spending the night with us.  Their AC died this AM.   Repairs will hopefully done by noon tomorrow.  My FIL  is going to sleep in a real bed tonight.  A nice full size bed with a memory foam topped mattress.   MIL  is going to sleep on the couch...like usual.  But, my couch is a whole bunch better than her couch. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Our ac quit on the hottest day here. It just needed to be cleaned out and the built up ice thawed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

We fInally had a break for the day on Sunday. After missing the thunderstorms the night before, which wa disappointing, we woke up to rain on a tin roof. One of my favorite sounds, except in wintertime.

Mike decided to drive out to fill some gas cans for the mower and such, and I rode along, to get a couple of ingredients for my small canning batches. It was only EIGHTY at midday!!!!! Felt like September. Still pleasant, with a light breeze here on the porch this morning.
We are headed back into the furnace tomorrow, if not later on today. Still, even a short break made it more bearable.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Oh no! At least it doesn't take very long to thaw ice on the hottest days. The filters tend to get full fast here too.

0 Kudos