cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: seeing red (RANT RANT RANT big time)

I am pretty sure our first Blue Heeler, Murphy, saved our marriage more than a couple of times.

As a kid, I often got " hold the flashlight" duty, when my father was fixing things. He kept a leather wrench bag that carried a basic set of wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc. when his frustration got the best of him - which was pretty often - he'd sling it.

If I hadn't learned to duck, I think I'd have died young.

To me, there is no excuse for either behavior, but I better accept a guy being frustrated by a broken - down peanut combine with freeze coming, or a cut of higs that get sullen in the chute. Putting down my ideas, as a working partner, in front of a consulting professional, would take it to a whole ' nuther level....
0 Kudos
manureseller
Senior Contributor

Re: seeing red (RANT RANT RANT big time)

I left my dad in the field once after the combine broke down.  He was yelling and cussing me that the combine broke down so I climbed into the pickup and went to Grandpa and Grandma's house.  I wasn't the one driving the combine so I had nothing to do with it.  Grandpa asked me where dad was and I told him, he went out and got him and dad was HOT....Grandpa put him in his place and it never happened again.  We actually did pretty well together after that.  Now him and my mom or my brother was a different story. 

0 Kudos