cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

small things that make you madder than a wet hen

So there was a calf born after midnight last night.  It's penned up with it's mother in the dry cow barn.  For some reason hubby left a note for me to tell the morning shift to leave the cow (a heifer) for the afternoon shift to bring  in.  So I tell them that.  So every body should realize I know about the penned up calf.

Then doing my calf chores I find another calf in the dry cow barn.  At a point in the morning I tell my husband "there is another bull calf out back"  he says "the one in the pen"  I say "no another one"

Same thing with the hired man who will move the calves to the calf barn.  "There's another bull calf out back"  He says "the one in the pen"

I bite my tongue and walk away.

What do these stupid stupid men think I'm not smart enough to know whether I see 1 or 2 calves.  And it's not like it's the first time the exact same scenario has played out.

Macho is STUPID

11 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: small things that make you madder than a wet hen

It makes me furious to get caught in the middle of poor communications/miscommunications between others, too. I have started saying so, so at least they know it!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

This was no poor/misscommunication thing.  It was simply them treating me badly.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

You are SO much nicer than I am.  I would have banded that bunch a LONG time ago!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I am so close to becoming not nice.  I am so *** mad today I'm almost dysfunctional.  Finally dug out an old prozac to calm me down so I can feed him lunch instead of throwing it at him.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

fire him

'get a 30 yr old atheltic,, ahh looker !!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

One probably will not suffice. 

My theory is that if you have to take a pill to put up with a man, then he needs to change, not you!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I would have taken him/them by the ear and said come with me and see!

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

This senerio sometimes works the other way. To quote a sound bite from a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band song "men and women oughta live apart".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

In cases like those PB&J for lunch would have to suffice...I agree with Kay...I'm not that nice.  LOL  Something would be thrown and there would be no duck warning either.

0 Kudos