cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

spoke too soon

Well computer automatically turned off after no activity & now it won't open again.  Means a trip into the city or maybe two trips.  Mom's cousin passed away &I will have to drive to visitation & funeral - two days shot plus the computer.  My life is not my own.  Taxes Friday.  Hope I'm ready!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: spoke too soon

Sorry to hear about your Mom's cousin. We managed to work Mike's cousin's funeral in on one of our routine trips to VA, thank goodness. That made it a half-day to pay our respects, instead of an entire one spent driving and then being there. Small price to do the right thing....

I was just getting ready to say, " Whew!" below, when this popped up. I wonder if your power backup is failing? Did you think to plug in the computer on a different oitlet/ breaker? Think I would try that, before hauling it a long way and spending $$$$$$$.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You have probably already  unpluged and restarted?  Sorry you have so much on your plate at tax time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Don't know what's going on.  It opens, takes my password, then just keeps rolling, then goes black. Yes I unplugged, etc.

If I let it run & come back in an hour or so, there it is on!  I have printed all my accounts & backuped just in case.  Pretty well done I believe.  Maybe a couple handwritten in things.  I have had so much trouble with this computer.  Had it made for me thinking it would be better, HUH.  Never again.  Probably some fluke but it is not too user friendly to someone who is computer illiterate like me.  Even the clean up is touchy.  You can do something wrong so easily.  Don't like that.  I need to be able to move around at manage things.

Will probably take in Monday and just stay & run errands as I don't think this will be major.  Still an inconvenience & aggravating let alone giving me a heart attack!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I'm no help what so ever to you on computer problems.   But,  I think I'd better backup myself.  Thanks for the reminder.   Just about all the 1099's matched up.    The one that is off is mortage interest.   I'm going to let accountant figure that one out.  

Next to deal with MIL's accounts.... and then there is the estate accounts too.  Fun, Fun, Fun.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It's enough just doing ours.  Mom's is real simple & I just take to the Sr. Citizens Center where they have AARP trained accountants.  Some I'm not too sure are that good but there is one fella who is pretty sharp & we try & get him.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I had my computer built thinking it would last longer and have less problems. I do not like hearing your problems. I am not happy with all the new technology that comes along so fast. I used to be on top of it and I even had a mobile phone in a bag when they first come out. Now I have to call DGS the college student.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hoping Winn will be able to advise me on technology, when I fall too far behind.  It is so natural for him, like most kids.  

So far, I am coping at the level I require.  Feel sure I could step it up, if necessary.  Taking a college computer course a few years back really did help bring me into the 21st century. 

This last system switchover tried my patience a bit...but that was my mail server's fault.  Once they got embarrassed enough, about emailing me a password to open my email, we got real and it got done. 

I have always been fine with boxed systems, usually from Sam's.  Maybe I haven't got enough savvy to know what I am missing.

0 Kudos