cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

trip

As I posted on FB, wondering if this is a trip from hell for Brian's tests at Northwestern Memorial.  Neither Ronnie - who absolutely hates cities (Chicago qualifies for BIG city), and Brian who hates the MRI brain tests.  He has veins that roll & they have to poke him numerous times usually for the contrast.  Hopefully this will be different.

When I called to check if everything was ok for tests last week they couldn't find him in the system.  No MRI was scheduled even tho I had the order in front of me.  Then yesterday I wanted to verify that it was OK with the ins.  Spent all morning on the phone for that.  Literally.  Till 11:30.  Aargh.

New to us:  you print out your registration order & scan the barcode to check in.  We'll see how it works.  I do know the parking tickets are scanned & you pay with credit card or etc.Did that last time.  Cash if your bills are perfect.  LOL

Now today our train is delayed 5 hrs.  Wonderful.  Will get into Chicago in the dark.  Going right down to "Magnificent Mile" & we'll probably not have time to do anything today.  Oh well.  God's always right, right?  Just keep that devil at bay for the tests.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: trip

Good Luck on the tests..   Perhaps if the trip itself is full of problems, the tests will be perfect!  That would make it all worth it, right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: trip

I hate the MRI tests too,  if that helps. If his veins roll so bad, I'm surprised no one has offerred to put a port in. That little surgery would help him so much so he wouldn't be stressed before the tests and if it is a power port, they can put the contrast in through it too. Now as for the computer problems, I really feel for you. It shouldn't be that hard to keep the patients straight. Makes one wonder when that doesn't work right. Sad that cash isn't as well accepted as it should be, but some say that computerized is progress, right?

0 Kudos