cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

tv reception ?

Our TV reception is not good this morning for some reason.  Sky is clear, a little breeze, but nothing else going on.  Went out to do a little weedeating and looked up at the antennae.  Ronnie put up a very expensive martin house this spring.  He always wanted one and was upset when he didn't get any this spring.  Well, not so now.  There are several in the birdhouse and lots more sitting on the antennae waiting for a vacancy.  He counted about 30 martins flying around yesterday.  Be careful what you wish for-LOL.  Don't know if they are the problem but I do find it amusing.  BTW, I've been keeping track of the $$ spent on the martin house, bees he ordered, oh and those homing pigeons he bought.

Should have a nice shopping trip to the antique store or somewhere real soon.  Smiley Wink

3 Replies
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: tv reception ?

I hope you get a nice shopping trip as you certainly deserve one! I really miss our bees this year. We have very few melons this year and I am blaming the loss of the bees but it could be all that rain washing the pollen away.  We had now taken any honey for a few years but the bees sure helped the garden.

We have barn swallows which I love to watch and they always have plenty of insects here to eat.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Had to laugh when I read this one, Linda! It is sort of funny how we love Mother Nature, until she messes with our TV reception.

Maybe he needs to situate the martins a little further from the antenna. I know you had a good snicker over his dilemma.

Have fun antiquing!
0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Guess it wasn't them but just bad reception as a neighbor with antennae tv also had problems.  The martins are the first to leave for winter so I'm told and will leave in about a week.  Sigh.  They are pretty noisy but I will miss them.  So many signs that fall is just around the corner.  Rather depressing since I haven't done a fraction of my summer "bucket list".

0 Kudos