cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

wrist update

Stitches removed yesterday and xray and I seem to be healing fine.  Dr asked me to make a fist with my swollen fingers-you must be joking! - to which the know it all I live with spouted "I told her" and the dr. said "listen to your husband"  Aaargh!!  I had been using my arm without sling & trying to move fingers but they are so swollen there's not alot of action there. 

Start PT this week and of course 1st evaluation is scheduled for the trip for mom's ear dr. appt. so I need to reschedule.  How does it happen that it clashes with the one thing I have to do?  This will be difficult as I'm sure she will need several trips & I will be going 3 x's wk.  I don't want her to have to go alone even tho she's sure she can. 

I now have a removable splint so I can get my arm wet.  That will be good.   Just thought I'd keep you uptodate.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: wrist update

So glad you are on the mend.  It will feel SO good to scrub that arm again.

Hadn't realized you were married to an MD!  Take care, and don't overdo.

0 Kudos
wt510151
Senior Contributor

Yes, those guys will take advantage of the times when you're not 100% to say "i told you so." He should be happy you haven't spiked his meals in these years of thinking "i told you so," numerous times. Glad that you're getting the cast off. Should make everyday life just a bit better. Just don't let DH off his leash just yet.

0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Hope you get to feeling better.   Went to feed cows the other day for a neighbor who has a back injury: 6-8 weeks recovery, and after visiting with him a bit, I think being 'helpless' so to speak, is harder on him, than the injury.  

Hope you get a full recovery, so you can catch up on all you couldn't quite do, one handed.

0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Thanks. Have wished for down time to start quilting and knitting refresher. Not happening. This temporary splint is aggravating as my hand and arm swells. Dr said we could warm in a 200 degree oven and reform but I'm kind of scared I'll mess it up.
0 Kudos