cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

you can win a prize

if you can tell me how dishes in the kitchen sink put the cow down in the barn yard?  Don't know!!  Neither do I; but apparently they did here today.   Chore time  Gotta go before the laundry in the basket kills a calf.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: you can win a prize

Same goes here. How long do you have to eat a meal before a salesman comes? Have to feed the hogs before we eat too. Their squeals could cause a ruckus with the neighbors that like QUIET country life.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

my daughter won the prize.  Seems my powerful sink full of dishes threw the entire balance of the universe off so the cow couldn't stay on her feet.    LOL

0 Kudos
Advisor

I was thinking something along the lines of dishes in sink, toss 'em to avoid washing them; cow finds one in hay bale and eats it; punctures one its stomachs; cow dies; end of story??? Sorry this is lame...I am punchy from too much grant writing...ugh.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Sounds like your day went like mine from the minute I stepped outside for chores this morning.

Was it the light of the moon or what?

0 Kudos
Advisor

Ours today was: How late do you have to want to sleep in on a rainy morning before the serviceman calls to say one livehaul driver quit, so can everyoine on our farm accommodate the changed shipping schedule? 

The prize here is that the driver that canned herself is not worth a diddle anyway, so good miss!  And, last week's consolation prize was a driver from PA who did not know he was NOT supposed to haul his rig down the driveway, which is fifty feet from the bedroom window, at 1:28 a.m. 

Last year, the company that owns the pigs ran like a well-oiled machine.  Since January, it's been a comedy of errors, costing us aggravation and thousands of dollars every month.  Going to be a long year....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Our prize will go to the person who can guess how many hours the full time employee will work this week?   And how many different excuses he can use for not working.?    Only 32 litters left to be born and several days of working on the planter to get it field ready.  

0 Kudos
Advisor

Let's see...I need to plot the hours worked on the X-axis, and the excuses offered on the Y-axis, then look for the interesction of those two sets of numbers...I say the answer is "Two weeks' notice!"

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Personal Prize will be given to the person coming up with the excuse DH's brother & wife has this week not to at least CALL father in law or DH to see what the doctor said Monday & who's driving to the radiation treatments.  Oh yeah, he's probably not aware that he's going back to treatments.  Or that we're going into week 2 of his stay with us.  Or that the phone DOES work!

0 Kudos
Advisor

Linda, you are my hero...I would have crawled over broken glass and a bed of hot coals to their house by now, grabbed them by therir throats, and hauled them back to help take care of him. 

Have they used, "I had a cold, and didn't want to take a chance on giving it to him?" yet?  That one always cracked me up!  Actually, it sounds as though they have advanced to the total shutout stage, where their guilt is so accumulated, it prevents them from calling at all. 

This is a problem in your husband's family, and he's the one that needs to apply pressure to get them in gear, if ti's going to happen at all.  I think it is entirely fair to call them with a recent update, and then say, "Look ,we do not expect you to take this on alone, but we cannoit handle it anymore without your help, either. Let's make out a schedule, and stick to it. He is your father, too."  He owes it to you to at least make that call...

0 Kudos