cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge to Farmers Everywhere

Senior Reader
0 0 4,998

This video came up on my facebook yesterday....

2014 Farmer Challenge

It's from a good friend of mine, Dan Worley with a challenge to farmers everywhere...Tell your story, Share what agriculture is to you, maybe do a little educating.

Here is my short video:

I thought it was brilliant idea and easy to share, and so I wanted to share with you what some people have come up with.  Now rememeber these aren't fancy, they aren't highly technical, and as you will see from mine some are pretty basic.  So here you go...enjoy the show!

Logan Padget:

Wheat Farmer in Oregon.

Katie Pratt:

Will Gilmer:

Dairy Farmer from Alabama.

Kristen Hinton-Vanvalkenburg:

Ag Education in Washington State.

Melodie Kirk:

Amy Cable:

FFA & Nursery in Washington State

Mike Hathaway:

Oregon Hazelnut Famer working in the shop.

Marie Bowers (www.oregongreenblog.com):

I'm hoping that more people will join in the 2014 Farmer Challenge!!  So what do you think, do farmers need to tell their story more?  What are things you want to know about farming?

About the Author
Brenda Frketich is a third generation farmer from St. Paul, Oregon. She has been farming full time since 2006 and currently manages her family's 1000 acre farm. They raise grass seed, hazelnuts, crimson clover, wheat, vegetable seeds and peas. She grew up on the farm but never thought that farming was what would be her future. She left her small town to Los Angeles to get a degree in Business. But after years of city living she realized farming was in her blood. Brenda is very involved in many parts of her industry and community. She is a volunteer Firefighter and EMT in her small town. She is involved in Farm Bureau, is a Clover Commissioner, and always tries to find new ways to bridge the gap between her urban neighbors and her rural life of farming. One of the ways she does this is through this blog, and also her personal blog, www.Nuttygrass.com Brenda is married to Matt Frketich who has also recently started farming with her. They also have a son, Hoot, and old hunting dog, Diesel and farm dog Yukon.